Monday, August 10, 2009

Taylored Expressions Sketch Challenge 77

This is my submission to Taylor's Sketch Challenge 77. I've been dying to use this stamp set by Whipper Snapper and as soon as I saw this sketch, I thought of this paper and the little chicken in the boat.




I started with a square card base in the new SU Soft Suede. I added the patterned paper from Cosmo Cricket's Mr. Campy collection and used my corner punch on the bottom edge to get a bigger scalloped border. I matted this with a matching plaid piece from the same collection and then stitched around the edges. Next, I stamped my little "fisherchick" onto some SU Very Vanilla and colored with my Copics. I cut him out with my circle Nesties and matted him with a scalloped Nestie cut from the SU Soft Suede. I stamped the fish onto a scrap piece of CS, then colored and cut him out and used some dimensionals behind him. I paper pieced the note so it would stand out more too! The sentiment is from this same stamp set and I punched it out with my SU large oval punch and matted it with dimensionals on the SU Soft Suede punched with the SU Scalloped Oval. Last, I added a couple of buttons and twill tape to finish it off! There you have it! Leave me a comment below and have a GREAT Monday!

Supplies:
Rubber Stamp - Whipper Snapper; CS - SU Very Vanilla, Soft Suede; DP - Cosmo Cricket; Punches - SU Large Oval, SU Scalloped Oval, EK Success Corner Rounder, Nesties; Copics; Buttons; Twill Tape

8 comments:

  1. What a cute card idea for a guy. Guy theme cards are so hard for me.
    Kara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh gosh!! this is just sooooo stinkin' cute & CLEVER!!!! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really cute. Great job with the sketch.
    JoAnn

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG I love this!! How cute it turned out, great job with the sketch. I love the colors used to.The chick in the boat is to cute! Jen

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cute is this card, really in detail. boy, alot of work put in this card! Marsha

    ReplyDelete
  6. A winner for sure! Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the little fish and the man-ly colors! Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable..darling job with the sketch and set. Thanks for the smile this morning. :)

    ReplyDelete

I just love hearing from da hens!! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me. Cluckity-cluck!