Tuesday, September 15, 2009

A sympathy card for a friend....

A friend of mine recently had a family member pass away and while I realize I should have these cards on hand for just such an occasion, I don't. So I had to make this one after work and in a real hurry. If you've followed my blog for any length of time, you'll know that SERIOUS isn't something I do very often. It's a real "toughy" for me, so this was hard.

I wanted to keep it simple and used this little stamp from Lockhart Stamp Co. I picked it up from Ellen Hutson's store. If you remember awhile back, I made some thank you cards with this stamp. It's a really pretty image and fairly easy to color. Speaking of coloring, I colored this with my Copics on some Papertrey Ink CS. I used my Petite Scalloped Nesties to cut out the image and then leaving the die in place, I sponged on some chalk ink. This DP is from Hot off the Press and it's matted with SU Soft Suede. I used my new EK Success border punch on both pieces on the bottom edge and then tied on some striped grosgrain ribbon to finish it off. Leave a comment below and let me know what you think. Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies:
Rubber Stamp; Lockhart Stamp Co; CS - Papertrey Ink, SU Soft Suede; Nestabilities; Copics; Ribbon; EK Success Border Punch; Colorbox Chalk Ink

5 comments:

  1. Very pretty. I like the country feel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is very pretty. I like everything about it.
    JoAnn

    ReplyDelete
  3. love that woven look fabric layer..just beautiful. sorry you needed a sympathy card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my goodness. this is simply gorgeous. love everything!!! tfs.

    connie jo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this card! I just found your blog today after seeing what was posted on SCS for Whipper Snapper. I love your work! This is particularly lovely (love this Lockhart image and use it a lot). I also love Anna Wight's work...you use her sets well. TFS!

    ReplyDelete

I just love hearing from da hens!! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me. Cluckity-cluck!