Monday, September 7, 2009

Taylored Expressions Sketch Challenge #81

Happy Labor Day! I hope you're enjoying a nice RELAXING day off. Aren't three day weekends great?? Love 'em! In fact, I think every weekend should be three days, whadaya think? If only I were QUEEN!! {he-he} This is my submission to the Taylored Expressions Sketch Challenge #81. Here's the sketch...

I'm lovin' this stamp from Stamps by Judith. Isn't he a riot? Sittin' there eatin' his tuna straight outta the can! I bet he's kinda hoping you might do the same this Thanksgiving! {he-he} You can click on the image to see it up close. So I stamped 'ol Tom on some Papertrey Ink CS and colored him with my Copics. I cut him out with my Deckled Nestabilities and sponged around the edges. This DP is from Recollections and I picked it up from Michaels over the weekend. It's got some really great Fall papers in it. I matted the DP with SU Soft Suede and then added it to the SU Kraft card base. I stitched around the edges and added two strips of woodgrain paper from the same paper pack. I printed the sentiment and punched it out with my 1" circle punch and matted it with some Soft Suede as well. Ok, there you have it! My first Thanksgiving card this year. Leave a comment below and let me know what you think of it. Have a great day!

Supplies:
Rubber Stamp - Stamps by Judith; DP - Recollections; CS - SU Kraft & Soft Suede, Papertrey Ink; Copics; Punches - Marvy, Close to My Heart; Nestabilities; Colorbox Chalk Ink

6 comments:

  1. I think it is adorable. Love the paper and the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If that isn't funny the turkey eating tuna and saying it takes like chicken. He is so cute. Just to remind you, I am cancelling my verizon acct and send me the pictures to my new email address of marhs-1@live.com thanks Marsha

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the wood grain paper and the fall leaves in the backgroud. I don't hold much hope out for the poor turkey. Love tuna, but Thanksgiving wouldn't be the same without turkey!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so ready for Thanksgiving!!! I love this guy, sooo funny.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 6am punchiness... I'm full of ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Poor ol'Tom, well I am a ham girl myself. Love that wood grain on fall paper. Teresa(sis)

    ReplyDelete

I just love hearing from da hens!! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me. Cluckity-cluck!