Saturday, November 13, 2010

You're SO Tweet!!


Hiya hens!! Happy Saturday to ya!! But today ain't no ordinary Saturday though... Nope, it's the start of another Catch the Bug Challenge. And guess what the theme is???? World Kindness Day!! Awwww, ain't that tweet!! Dudn't that just getcha all choked up?? *sniff-sniff*

Ok-Ok... so think kindness, friendship, gratitude, encouragement, congratulations, etc. but that's not all, here's a sketch from Scrappy to follow too!


This was a great combination for me. It's always a good idea to have THANK YOU cards on hand, ain't that right?

So for my card I decided to use Summer Dress from the Spring Bird collection over at Bugaboo Stamps. I'm lovin' those stick legs!! Mine are only a wee bit bigger... Pfffft!!! More like 4,000 times as BIG! Bwah-ha-ha-ha!! Ok, so I printed her out on some Canson Fanboy paper and colored her with my Copics. I paper pieced her bow and her puffy sleeves but colored everything else. I stitched her onto some SU Real Red CS and then adhered the image to the DP from My Minds Eye Quire Contrary collection. I added some red ribbon tied in a cute bubbly bow and there ya have an easy peasy Thank You card!! Ok, I hope my little card inspired you to make a card for the challenge but if that's not enough, hop on over to the Catch the Bug challenge blog and take a gander at all the SUH-WEET cards from the Bugaboo DT. What?? That's not enough either.... Hmmmm??? Well how about 50% off Bugaboo Stamps images during November??? Ha!! I knew that'd getcha!! Ok, hurry up and get those cards submitted. You might just win some FREE images!! Wow, that's even better than 50% off!! Woo-hoo!! Have fun shopping, but I'm gonna warn, you can't pick just one...... they're addicting!! {{{hen hugs}}}

Supplies:
Digital Image - Bugaboo Stamps; CS - SU Natural Ivory & Real Red, Fanboy; Red Ribbon; DP - My Mind's Eye Quite Contrary; Copics

18 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Jeanie, I love the cute little image and gingham papers, so sweet!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeanie--I'm so glad to see you back in our blog hops. I've have withdrawals from the wonderful designer paper you always use--and today is no exception. Card is adorable; designer paper is awesome! You really know how to pair papers together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is dead cute Jeanie ! Oh I love this little chick and your paper piecing is such a good idea ! Hugs and love from Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just darling Jeanie! I love the colors and the red bow is the perfect touch! Glad to have you back with us!! Your new room is AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - just fabulous Jeanie! The papers are just perfect for this one (and I love your gorgeous bow too!) Just Fabulous!
    Hugs & Happy Days!
    ~Min

    ReplyDelete
  6. HI Jeanie and welcome back!!!
    I love your little birdie card - too cute!! great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Be still my beating heart! The time away only made you better! The paper- piecing, the designer paper, the coloring/shading are all just too much for me to take sitting up! I've got to go lie down now. . .;) MWAH!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card with great details! Love it and I love how you explain what you did to create it! Thanks for sharing.
    have a nice week-end
    LouLou

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ohh, I love your card. That image is just adorable and the papers are perfect. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  10. she is so TWEET! Too bad every day is not world kindnesss day. Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a sunny card! just what I need,it's freezing here tonight! Have a great weekend,Julie.x

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is the sweetest card! Glad you're back and I love the new craft room setup. :o)

    Paper-Crafts Chick
    http://confessionsofapaper-craftschick.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Jeanie, this card is so cute! That little bird image is adorable and I love your coloring, of course.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Welcome back Jeanie! I LOVE this MME paper line and it works perfectly! Sweet card!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous card, I love how you colored the image!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the bright colors. They make me smile.
    Kara

    ReplyDelete
  17. How cute is this card! I love the little bow in her hair, it's too clever.

    ReplyDelete

I just love hearing from da hens!! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me. Cluckity-cluck!