Tuesday, March 29, 2011

It's NEW RELEASE Tuesday!


Mornin' hens!! Today is new release Tuesday over at Bugaboo Stamps. Jodie has whipped up this adorable image in the Bugaboo Brats collection. Isn't she CUTE? I think she looks like she's deep in thought, so I decided to make this a card for a friend of mine whose father passed away last week. I suppose it's not your traditional sympathy card, but maybe this image will bring a smile to her face in knowing that I'm thinking of her.

I printed the image onto some Neenah Classic Crest CS and colored her with my Copics. I cut her out with my Nesties and sponged some chalk ink around the edges. The DP is from an older DCWV pack called Cafe Mediterranean. I embossed the green DP with my polka dot folder and stitched around the edges.



I'm entering this card into two challenges, with the first being a color challenge, in Color Throwdown #134. Here are the colors:

Aren't they fun? Ooooh, I love them! I've never played in this challenge before so this was really fun for me.

The second challenge is a sketch challenge from Cute Card Thursday #157. And I didn't even color the sketch! Tee-hee! Looks like these two challenges were made for each other huh? Speakin of challenges, don't forget my That's Krafty Thursday #49 challenge below, k? Just think, YOU could be the next KRAFTY CHICK!

Ok, that's it for me today. I hope you hens all have a TEE-RIFIC Tuesday and I'll see ya back in the hen house bright n' early tomorrow mornin'. {{{hen hugs}}}

Supplies:
Digital Image - Bugaboo Stamps; CS - Neenah Classic Crest; DP - Die Cuts with a View "Cafe Mediterranean; Border Punch - EK Success; Nestabilities; Colorbox Chalk Ink; Copics; Ribbon - Walmart; Tag Punch - Martha Stewart

24 comments:

  1. Jeanie, your project couldn't possible fail to put a smile on your friend's face. . .:D I love the juicy-sweet citrus colors and of course your gorgeous satin bow! :D MWAH!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderful layout and colors.....fruity and yummy colors

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh for sure your card will brighten your friend's face and day! So cute and I love these spring colors!!! Great coloring as always!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Jeanie! Great to have you join us for the Color Throwdown! Your card is SO cute! I agree... not a traditional sympathy card, but I think you must know your friend pretty well and that will surely bring a smile to her face! Your coloring ROCKS! I must figure out how to do that white highlight in hair... never seems to work for me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute card Jeanie!! So bright and cheerful it will definately put a smile on anyone face!!
    Have a great day!!
    {{hugs}}
    Daniela

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think its just perfect and will definitely put a smile on your friends face. Love how you have coloured it and added the little background. Very sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Jeanie, this is my FAVORITE for the week! The colors and papers are just fabulous girl!
    Hugs & Happy Days!
    ~Min

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just perfect in everyway & im sure it will put a smile on your friends face!!

    hugs and xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the bright colors!
    Kara

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a darling card Jeanie ! Love the bow ! Love everything actually ! Hugs and love from Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous, perfect layout, perfect colours. The decorative edge punch and ribbon sure sets it off.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just {heart} this card!! I haven't bought any of the Bugaboo digis yet but this one might find her way to me!! Simply adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh it's so FUN to have you play along at The Color Throwdown Challenge! This is a fabulously colored image. Love love love the papers and layout!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just a darling card! And perfect for the challenges as well. I'm sure it will bring a smile to your friend & be of great comfort!

    ReplyDelete
  15. BRAVO!!! I LOVE THE GRASSY HILL!! GENIUS :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. She is just darling and love how you have her setting on a mound of grass. Great idea really looks so cool. Love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the sweet little girl, she will definitely warm the heart of your friend! Your coloring and design is fabbie just like always!! Don't ya just love that DCWV stack, oh such yummy paper!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is just beautiful. Love the colors and that image is adorable.
    It puts a smile on MY face.

    ReplyDelete
  19. wow! amazing coloring! love the bow C: well done

    ReplyDelete
  20. this is so beautiful, I love those colours!
    Many thanks for joining in the Cute Card Thursday challenge this week!
    Happy Crafting, Debxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. I LOVE this...the colors are fabulous, and I love the papers you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love the colors in this challenge and the fun skeatch. A very refreshing card. Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is such a pretty card. The coloring is great.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I think that since this is not a traditional sympathy card, make is all the more heart felt. I love every thing about this and the and I am sure love that went into making it.

    ReplyDelete

I just love hearing from da hens!! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me. Cluckity-cluck!