Tuesday, March 11, 2014

I'm Sorry...


Mornin' hens!  Isn't this little guy hilarious?  OMG, he makes me chuckle every time I look at him.  I stamped him onto some Strathmore watercolor paper and watercolored him using distress markers.  Of course, I HAD to add some Glossy Accents to the little puddle he made! {snort!}  I matted the image using my Perfect Layers tool and did some faux stitching around each of the panels with my tracing wheel.  Oh, and how 'bout that bow? Eh-hem, I dyed it myself!  Woot-woot!  I'm SUPER DUPER proud of myself.  I saw this  technique on YouTube so I wanted to give it a try.  I used chalk white seam binding and ran my distress ink pad over top of it.  Then, I spritzed on some water, squished it up into a ball, and ta-da! It blended beautifully.  I dried it with my blow dryer and then used my ribbon iron for a smooth look.  Soooo cute, right? Each spool has 100 yards.  WOW!  Just think of all the bows you can make with one spool of seam binding!  I'll put a link in the list of supplies below, where I found mine.  Okee dokee, that's it for me today.  I hope you hens have a TERRIFIC Tuesday and I'll see ya back in the hen house real soon!
{{{hen hugs}}}

Here's a close up!


Supplies: 
Rubber stamp - Penny Black, Hero Arts (sentiment), Distress Markers & Ink Pad (Barn Door) - Ranger "Tim Holtz"; Strathmore Watercolor Paper; Glossy Accents; Seam Binding - Hug Snug; Button: CS - Neenah Environmental Desert Storm, Rose - Unknown; Twine - May Arts; DP - October Afternoon "Cakewalk"; Tracing Wheel; Perfect Layers Tool

Remember - When ordering
from Perfect Paper Crafting, use discount code Jeanie5% to receive a 5% discount on your order. 

6 comments:

  1. Funny image, I love the blushing face you colored him with and the puddle.... LOL !!!!
    I bought some of the ribbon thinking I could color it to match projects. Happy to see how well that worked.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so adorable. Great job dyeing your ribbon. Love how you added the glossy accents to the puddle. Cute, cute, cute. I'm off to check out that ribbon. Thanks for the link.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great card! I love the coloring and the neat bow. I'm gonna have to investigate this technique a little more! Thanks.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. That dog's face is just the funniest thing. I love it. And of course I see you are busy with that water colouring. I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete

I just love hearing from da hens!! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me. Cluckity-cluck!