Thursday, August 21, 2014

Have a Moo-tiful Birthday!

Mornin' hens!  Here's a little card I made for my BESTEST friend Karen!  Isn't this card a hoot?  Well, that's a given since it has two of my fav things "kraft cardstock" and "cows"!  Tee-hee!  


Ok, so here's how this little cutie came together.  I stamped the image onto some Neenah Classic Crest CS and colored it with my Copics.  Then using the coordinating die, I cut the image out but stopped short of the bottom edge.  I did the same with the photo frame die too.  I used my xacto knife to finish cutting the bottom edge on the inside of the frame, so both the cow and frame are one piece! 


I sponged the frame with some distress ink and then added some Glossy Accents to the cows eyes.  I matted the striped DP with a coordinating piece of brown DP and cut the same size square behind the photo frame so the brown DP would show through behind the cow.  I wrapped some red ribbon around the photo frame and added some DIY enamel dots to the bottom.  Okee dokee, that's it for me today!  I hope you hens have a great day!  {{{hen hugs}}}

Supplies:


8 comments:

  1. This is pretty darn cute!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute Jeanie. Love the glossy eyes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun birthday card! I've recently found your blog and enjoying your cards ever so much. I've noticed in your listing of supplies you mention the Jolly Store mini pony beads but in the blog you mention DIY enamel dots. Are they beads similar to Perler beads and can be melted down? I think I read that the Perler beads can be melted in the microwave? Any way thanks again for the inspiration

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Virginia,
      Yes, the DIY enamel dots I mentioned in the post are the pony beads shown in the supply list below. I baked the beads on a parchment lined cookie sheet for 8 minutes in a 400 degree oven. Super easy! I've used the perler beads in my previous posts as well. The perler beads are smaller then the pony beads, but the pony beads have a smoother and shinier surface. I guess it just depends on what look you're going for. Either way, they're fun to bake, cute and CHEAP! Woo-hoo! Hope this helps! {{{hen hugs}}}

      Delete
  4. What a fun card. Love the Kraft and stripes. Darling cow image.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this stamp set. And I love your little happy cow :-). I can't believe you made such a perfect bow, how did you do that??? Great card a....s.... always!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hummm... Thought I left a comment. I guess only in my head...haha. I remember how adorable your card was and went to check out Simon Says and probably never returned. I'm sure your bestest friend Karen loved receiving the card.

    ReplyDelete

I just love hearing from da hens!! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me. Cluckity-cluck!