Monday, June 15, 2015

Happy Birthday JAXON!

Mornin' hens!  Today is my grandson Jaxon's 9 month birthday!  Can you believe he's already 9 months old??  WOW!!  And before you ask, YES, I spoil him ROTTEN!!  {{snort!}}


So being this card is for June, I thought I would do a SUMMER theme since the first day of Summer is June 21st.  Coincidentally, that's the same day as Father's Day.  Hmmm, do you think Mother Nature is trying to tell us that men are a HOT MESS!!  Bwah-ha-ha-ha!!  Ok-ok, back to the card...
Using the sunburst die with a silicone mat, I first embossed the die directly onto the card base.  That gave me the markings to line up the individual rays with.  Then I die cut the sunburst from yellow card stock and adhered each to the card base using foam tape.  I drew on the smile and added the die cut sunglasses.  You can't tell from this photo angle, but I added Glossy Accents to the sunglasses.  To finish, I drew doodle lines around the edges (I'm lovin' that look lately), applied Wink of Stella to the sunrays, and stamped the sentiment onto the cloud die.  Okee dokee, that's it for me today.  
HAPPY 9 MONTH  BIRTHDAY JAXON!
{{{hen hugs}}}

Supplies:
  



1 comment:

  1. I have no doubt that you spoil Jaxson. :)
    Your card is adorable. I like the way you embossed the rays and then lined the die-cuts up. Very creative.

    ReplyDelete

I just love hearing from da hens!! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me. Cluckity-cluck!